If you’re looking to add a new list of students and parents to Mobile Guardian, then you’ve come to the right place.
What will you learn?
- How to add students and parents to Mobile Guardian
- How to use the CSV Upload function
You can upload students in batches via our CSV Bulk upload feature or directly on the Students page via the “Bulk upload +” function.
Please note when uploading CSV files, we only support the following delimiters:
- , for list separation
- : for pair separation
- ; for value separation
How to add students and parents to Mobile Guardian:
I. Login to your Mobile Guardian Dashboard
II. Click Students on the left hand side of your screen
III. Click “Bulk Upload +” in the top right corner of your screen
IV. Click “Download sample template” in order to download a csv template you can populate with your own student data or download a CSV of the current list of students on your dashboard to edit.
V. Import the CSV data into Excel
a. Open Excel and import the CSV (or just open Excel to a blank workbook)
b. Select the Data tab in Excel and click on "From Text/CSV"
c. Select the downloaded student file from above and click Import
d. Select Load on the window that appears
e. Delete the extra blank sheet that is created
f. You will now see the file in an easier form to edit
- The first row contains the headers and thereafter is the student data relevant to the headers
- Addition of new students is not possible via the CSV. The first column “student_id” is generated by Mobile Guardian, only
Adding students & parents to the CSV:
I. To add students:
a. Input the information in the required columns
b. Each new student is a new row as mentioned above
II. To add and invite parents to Mobile Guardian:
a. Add parent names: First and Last names
b. Input their email address' in line with the relevant student
c. To invite the parent to Mobile Guardian, type Y for yes, N for no
- The parent’s contact information will be linked to the student that they are in the same row as in the CSV. Double-check that each parent is in-line with the correct student before uploading.
- When inviting or linking parents you may only link 1 parent per student. This means that you cannot add 2 parents to a single student. You can, however, add a single parent to multiple students.
Saving Your Information Correctly
You will need to save the file in CSV format once more and upload it to Mobile Guardian.
To Save your new information as a CSV:
I. Click File
II. Click Save As
III. Ensure the file type is CSV
Now that you’ve updated your Student and Parent information, we need to upload the file to Mobile Guardian.
How to use the Bulk Upload Function:
Now to upload the CSV file back to Mobile Guardian.
Open the Mobile Guardian Dashboard.
I. Login to the dashboard
II. Navigate to the Student section
III. Click the "Bulk Upload +" button
IV. Click the “Select CSV File” button and select the file with the new information from the steps above:
V. Click Upload
VI. View uploaded students in the Students section of the dashboard
VII. View Invited Parents in the Users section.
a. Click settings
b. Select Users
Well done! You’ve just saved a lot of time by making use of our Bulk Upload tool!
Please let us know if this answered your question or if you require more information!
Thanks for reading :)
Article is closed for comments.