If you’re looking to add a new list of students and parents to Mobile Guardian, then you’ve come to the right place.
What will you learn?
- How to Add students and parents to Mobile Guardian
- How to use the CSV Upload option
- How to edit the Students' page via the "Bulk upload +” function.
You can upload students in batches via the CSV Bulk upload sub-menu option or directly on the Students page via the “Bulk upload +” function.
Please note when uploading CSV files, we only support the following delimiters:
- , for list separation
- : for pair separation
- ; for value separation
How to add students and parents to Mobile Guardian:
Downloading & Setting up your CSV:
- Login to your Mobile Guardian Dashboard
- Click Students on the left hand side of your screen
- Click “Bulk Upload +” in the top right corner of your screen
4. Click “Download sample template” in order to download a csv template you can populate with your own student data
5. Import the CSV data into Excel
1. Open Excel and import the CSV (or just open Excel to a blank workbook)
2. Select the Data tab in Excel and click on "From Text/CSV"
3. Select the downloaded student file from above and click Import
4. Select Load on the window that appears
5. Delete the extra blank sheet that is created
6. You will now see the file in an easier form to edit
Note: The first line contains the headers and thereafter is the student data relevant to the headers.
Adding Student & Parent Information:
- To add students:
- Input the information in the required columns
- Each new student is a new row as shown above
- To add and invite parents to Mobile Guardian:
- Add parent names: First and Last names
- Input their email address’ in line with the relevant student
- To invite the parent to Mobile Guardian, type Y for yes, N for no
- The parent’s contact information will be linked to the student that they are in line with, in the CSV. Double-check that each parent is in-line with the correct student before uploading.
- When inviting or linking parents you may only link 1 parent per student. This means that you cannot add 2 parents to a single student. You can, however, add a single parent to multiple students.
Saving Your Information Correctly
You will need to save the file in CSV format once more and upload it to Mobile Guardian.
To Save your new information as a CSV:
- Click File
- Click Save As
- Ensure the file type is CSV:
Now that you’ve created your Student and Parent information file, we need to upload the file to MobileGuardian.com
Uploading your CSV File:
Open the Mobile Guardian Dashboard
- Login to the dashboard
- Navigate to the student's section
- Click the “Bulk Upload +” button
4. Click the “Select CSV File” button and select the file with the new information from the steps above:
The filename is displayed once a valid file is selected.
5. Click Upload
6. View uploaded students in the Students section of the dashboard:
7. View invited Parents in the Users section.
1. Click settings
2. Select Users
Well done! You’ve just saved a lot of time by making use of our Bulk Upload tool!
Please let us know if this answered your question or if you require more information!
Thanks for reading :)