Our latest release is live! 🎉🚀
Release 2.2.9 is live on Mobile Guardian's EU & UK and US & ROW instances.
This release includes several new features and user experience improvements to the Mobile Guardian Dashboard that prioritise ease of use and efficiency of our software for Administrators and Teachers.
Administrators now can release devices from Apple School Manager in bulk on the Administrator’s Dashboard for devices enrolled via the Apple Device Enrollment Program.
Additionally, Administrators may remove the Mobile Guardian application from devices in bulk for ease of unenrolment at device end of life.
Bulk Action for Devices Management
We have now added a Bulk action to devices that give you the ability to change the device PINs of all devices.
List of items for bulk device management:
- Ability to re-push rename device command
- Refresh selected device to Queue System
- Add tags
- Remove tags
- Remove selected Devices
- Turn Bluetooth on/off
- Assign to Teacher's group
- Enable/Disable Vacation Mode
- Device Information Request
Note that the bulk actions vary per operating system. A comprehensive list of these functionalities will follow shortly.
Screen Sharing Limitations
Screen Sharing is blocked in classes when the device Restriction “Block screenshots and screen recording” is enabled.
Block Screen Update
The “connect to the Wifi” button has been added to the Block Screen, if a block screen is triggered due to internet connectivity issues, students will be able to easily assess their internet connection.
Android Application History & Screen Share
Application uninstallations may now be recorded within the History Tab. This allows Administrators to easily determine why a device may not have a required application.
Teachers can now share their screens with student devices and may share student screens with other students during active classes.
Hide Software Update Visibility
Administrators may now set time-based delays for the visibility of software updates. Ensuring that users are not able to update devices before a thorough assessment of the suitability of the update hand.
Vacation Mode: Selective Profiles
Vacation Mode has become more easily customisable, as administrators may now set a specific Profile when Vacation Mode is activated. This allows schools to ensure devices have a degree of restrictions active when activated. This ensures students are not able to use their devices without any restrictions.
Chromebook Block Screen Insight
On the Chromebook Block Screen, users will be informed whether a device is linked to a student or not in the top right corner of the screen once blocked. This provides users and administrators with insight into the root of any block screen issues that may be arising.
Parental Control Enhancement
Improvements to Parental Controls allow Administrators to hide the YouTube filter from Parents when the YouTube filter is not enabled.
Items that have been corrected thanks to user feedback
- Blocking and locking a device will now block Spotify media as expected.
- When using General Restrictions to hide SSID’s is now functioning as expected.
- Enhancements were made to the General Restrictions with the SSID being hidden where it was not working but has been fixed
- The correct number of students in a class will be displayed to Admin users.
- Android EMM device action buttons will now behave as expected after being used for the first time.
- Removing books from an Android device will now perform as expected.
- Assigning a Google Account to an Android Device via the Dashboard will now appear on the device as expected.
- An issue causing certain users to be logged out of a reporting page has been resolved.
- Passcode restriction is working as expected with Android devices enrolled via the standard method.
- Multiple parents may be deleted in bulk from the Admin Dashboard now.
- Resolved an issue regarding linking of devices to applicable users upon user sign-in for iOS multi-user.
- Exported CSV file data has been rectified to display as expected.
- Resolved an issue that resulted from the Home URL.
- An issue when exporting student data has been resolved.
- Update to the Mobile Guardian Youtube filter categories to operate consistently with the Web Filter.
Team Mobile Guardian