A Geofence/zone based on location can be created, to be used by profiles which govern device restrictions. Each zone’s location can be identified by either Beacon, SSID, GPS co-ordinates or IP Range.
Follow our step-by-step instructions, or take a look at our video below.
1. Go to the Zones section and click on the Add New button, or click on the Pencil icon to edit an existing one.
2. Specify a Zone Name, which is mandatory, and a Description, which is optional. You can specify whether notifications are sent when the device associated with the zone arrives or departs from the location. To do this, click on the corresponding slider to enable / disable it.
4. Selecting Coordinates allows for an address or place to be searched for on the map or a location to be selected. Type an address or click a place on the map.
To select the highlighted location, click on the Add button.
Note: The radius of the selected location can be expanded from the default 400m.
5. You also have the option to choose from Wifi networks, BlueTooth Beacons or an IP Range:
6. When you have chosen your zone, click on the Create Geofence button.