Add an extra layer of security for your admins or teachers by enabling two-factor authentication.
Steps to enable this feature:
- To enable go to Settings > Global Settings > Enforce Google Authenticator as district admin:
- Toggle on the user you would like to set this to (i.e. admin and/or teacher)
- Save Changes
For the user:
After this setting has been saved, when the relevant admin or teacher logs in they will be asked to authenticate their account.
Here are their steps:
- They will first need to download the Google Authenticator app on a mobile device (this app will be linked to their Gsuite account)
- Upon first login they will be asked to activate their Google Authenticator. Here they will open the Google Authenticator application on their mobile device and scan the QR code provided on the modal.
After scanning the QR code on device, they are then to select "activate" on the modal here:
- On subsequent login, the user will be asked to enter their verification code, which will be automatically sent to them on their Google Authenticator app on their mobile device. The login will now look like this:
If the user does not do the QR scan on the Google Authenticator on their mobile device and then clicks "activate" before this step is completed, they will not be able to access their account until the Google Authenticator has been disabled again.
The same scenario occurs when a user removes their account from the Google Authenticator app on their mobile device. The app ceases to generate codes, resulting in the user being unable to access their account until Google Authenticator is disabled on the Dashboard.
Deleting an account from the Google Authenticator app on a mobile device triggers the following warning prompt: