The District Web Filter Reports will allow you to pull a report on a Web history of a particular school, class, or device. The report will allow admins to view all the online activities and actions appropriately where needed. The reports are available to admins from the dashboard reporting tab.
Please note: All teachers and students should be using the Mobile Guardian Safe Browser for the activity to display correctly (Exception: Chromebook which uses Chrome browser to provide this activity information).
Web Filter Reporting
A Web filter report is a history of all web browsing on a device with a line-by-line record of information including the last accessed, URL, School, and web filter categories to name a few.
You are able to use the web filter to view student browser activity at your various schools and filter to better allow an analysis of browser history for your schools and students, i.e. trends and multiple visits to certain websites.
The Web filter reports contain information pertaining to students and devices, including the following:
- Students Name
- Activity - URL visited or Domain accessed
- School - Name of the school within the district
- Profile - Profile that was active at the time of the entry
- Class - The name of the class that was taking place at the time the student was accessing the internet
- Status of the URL - allowed or blocked depending on the active profile settings
- Last Accessed date - The date with which the device last accessed the Activity.
- URL count - Count of the times the devices have accessed this URL
- Actions - Allows the adding of the URL or domain to the blacklist (Only seen and utilized from the Dashboard web filter report).
Using Advanced filtering and how to save your custom filters.
To create your report we have provided a list of filters, these filters will allow you to customize the data you wish to report on. Below are the descriptions for each filter:
- Last Accessed - By default a report will be set to the Last 24 hours, this can be altered by selecting the filter button. Click on Last Accessed and either select a predetermined range or select a custom range. When you select a custom range, you will need to use the calendar widget to select the start and end date. Please note: Make sure you click apply.
- Devices - This is where you may select certain devices or search for a specific device by typing in its name
- School - The list of Schools that is linked to your District
- Classes - You may filter the web filter history by a class to see what was accessed during a specific class only.
- Status - You can filter between all, allowed and blocked URLs and domains.
- Type - You can filter by all, Matched Categories, Matched keywords and searches
If you would like to remove any of the filters, you have applied. Please select the "X" button on the filter displayed on the top bar.
To "Save" or "Save as" the report:
- Create the report using either one or a combination of the above options
- Specify a report name
- Select "Save" or "Save as" next to the Apply button on the bottom:
Saved Advanced reports can be found in Saved filters. You can delete and edit the saved report by selecting the trash or pencil icon respectively.
You can also view this saved report in the Saved filters section in the Reports menu:
How to export a report
- Go to the dashboard and select Reports
2. Apply any saved filters, select the filter button on the top right and choose any saved filters. For a temporary report, simply apply filters:
3. Once you have selected the filters you require you may select Apply
4. If you would like to export the information you can select the Export As button on the top right and select CSV.
5. You can now view your downloaded file.
Actioning Report items
The Web filter report has included the ability to action any entries in the list. These actions allow you to Whitelist or blacklist any URLs, Categories, and Wildcards from the directly from the Web filter reports. Navigate to this Guide to learn how to use these actions.