This article will guide you through the renewal process of an existing APNS certificate that is due to expire.
Your APNS certificate must be renewed annually through the AppleID portal so please ensure that you retain the login details.
A certificate renewal does not require the re-enrol of devices.
Mobile Guardian will remind you when the certificate is coming up for renewal ( Via email to all Administrators of the Mobile Guardian Dashboard).
Please note: If your APNS certificate expires and you do not renew your APNS certificate or if you revoke or add a new certificate to the dashboard then you will need to un-enrol and re-enrol all devices.
1. Login to your Mobile Guardian Dashboard and navigate to Setting > iOS MDM Settings.
2. Download the certificate signing request (CSR), signed by Mobile Guardian. This will download a Mobile_Guardian_APNS.csr file which will need to be uploaded to the Apple Push Certificate Portal later.
3. After you have successfully downloaded the .csr file, go to Apple Push Certificate Portal: https://identity.apple.com/pushcert/
4. Sign in with the Apple ID you wish to use to generate the APNS certificate, this will need to be the same apple id used to create the existing APNS certificate.
5. Find the certificate that you want to renew in the list titled: Certificates for Third-Party Servers.
6. Click Renew > Choose File and select the .csr file downloaded earlier and click Upload.
7. You should now see an updated expiry date on your existing certificate. Please click on the Download button to download the updated APNS certificate.
8. Once you have downloaded the new APNS certificate (MDM_ Mobile Guardian Ltd_Certificate.pem). Sign into Mobile Guardian Dashboard and Click Update/Renew Certificate.
9. Enter the Apple ID and click Select Certificate and choose the MDM_ Mobile Guardian Ltd_Certificate.pem file, then click Update Certificate.
Congratulations you should now have an updated APNS certificate that expires in a years time.
Please note: If there's a waiting for service refresh status, this will disappear momentarily after a service refresh takes place on our servers.