This article will guide you through the process of departing from Mobile Guardian, and assist in the removal of the link between the Mobile Guardian console and the user's Google Workspace for Education console.
We will be blocking the Mobile Guardian app in the Google Workspace for Education console as well as removing the Json and configuration.
You will need access to the following:
- Mobile Guardian’s Admin console
- Google Workspace for Education Super Admin access.
The following processes will be performed:
- Deprovisioning the Mobile Guardian App.
- Removal of JSON configuration
- Removal of Google Workspace for Education Permissions
- Removal of Devices & Students from Mobile Guardian Portal
1. Deprovisioning the Mobile Guardian App:
- In the Google Admin console - navigate to the Devices tab and expand the Chrome tab
2. Next, expand the Apps and extensions and select Users and browsers
3. Once you have selected apps and extensions, select the correct OU
4. Select the Mobile Guardian App and change the policy to Block
5. Once you have changed the policy to Block, Save the changes:
You’ve now deprovisioned Mobile Guardian from your Google Admin console.
2. Removal of JSON Configuration from
- Navigate to your Mobile Guardian admin console and navigate to the settings tab, and select Chromebook settings:
2. Once selected, scroll down to the bottom and delete the JSON configuration:
3. Confirm your action:
4. You’ve now successfully deleted your JSON file from Mobile Guardian.
Once the JSON is deleted, navigate back to your Google Workspace for Education console and we can remove the permission for Mobile Guardian to authenticate with Google Workspace for Education.
3. Removal of Google Workspace for Education Permissions
- In the G Suite Admin console from the home or left-hand menu please navigate to Security > Access and data control from the drop-down list select "API Controls"
2. Then scroll to the bottom and click on "Manage Domain-Wide delegation"
3. You should now see the following page with your API client in the list.
4. Select the Mobile Guardian API and delete the configuration.
5. You have now successfully removed the authorization between Mobile Guardian & Google Workspace for Education as well as blocked the extension from deploying to your devices.
4. Removal of Devices & Students from Mobile Guardian Portal
You can now remove your devices and students from the Mobile Guardian portal and let us know when you have completed this by sending an email to email@example.com and we will finalize the closing of your account.
Please let us know if you found this helpful!
Thanks for reading :)