Part 2: The Google Apps for Education Admin Console.
- Login to the Admin Console for your Google Apps for Education domain.
- Set up an organisational unit for students if you have not already done so.
(See https://support.google.com/a/answer/182537 for details on how to set up an organisational unit)
3. You may also choose to move the Chrome Devices to that organisational unit. Each Chrome device in your Google Admin console belongs to an organisational that determines which settings apply to that device. Initially, all devices are in the top-level organisation. But you can move a device to the students sub-organisation. It then gets the settings applied to the students sub-organisation.
- Click on Security and access the API reference section. Ensure that 'Enable API access' is selected. If not, enable now.
- Scroll down to Advanced Settings and click on Manage API client access.
- Paste the Client ID that you had copied from the developer console into the Client Name.
7. Copy and paste the following scopes into the API Scope box and click ‘Authorize’
API Scopes for Device and User sync
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.device.chromeos, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.reports.audit.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.reports.usage.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.orgunit, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.orgunit.readonly
Please Note: The below API Scopes should only be added if you are using Mobile Guardian Classroom Management Tools for Teachers.
Additional API Scopes for Roster sync
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.profile.emails, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.profile.photos, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.rosters, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.rosters.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.courses, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.courses.readonly
If you have added the roster sync scopes please remember to enable the Classroom API in the google developer console.
Log in as an admin user at https://console.cloud.google.com.
Make sure you have selected the project that was created in Part 1 eg. MG Chromebook and search for "Classroom" in search input field and select "Google Classroom API" and click enable.
- Stage 2 is now complete.
Now on to Stage 3 - Chromebook Onboarding - Part 3 - Configuring Mobile Guardian App