A geofence/zone is based on location and these zones can be used when setting up your Child's Rules. Each zone’s location can be identified by House wifi SSID , Network IP Range or GPS-coordinates.
Creating a zone
1. Navigate to the "Places" section of your dashboard found on the left menu:
2. Select the "Add New place" button on the top right of the dashboard:
3. Specify a Zone Name (Mandatory) for example Home, or Tutor's house, etc. and a Description, which is optional.
Please note: You can enable notifications to be sent when your child's device enters or leaves the location parameter.
4. Next, click on "Add New" and select which type of zone you want to use. Selecting Coordinates allows for an address or place to be searched for on the map or a location to be selected. You can also choose to use a beacon, Wi-Fi IP range or SSID.
5. In this example we will use Coordinates which will allow for an address or place to be searched for on the map or a location to be selected. Type an address or click a place on the map.
Note: The radius of the selected location can be expanded from the default 400m.
The location will be highlighted as shown below:
6. To add the location as a zone, click on the Add button that you can see above.
7. Now that you have added the Zone you can now click on the "Create Geofence" button.
Now the New geofence can be found in the places section and when you are creating rules.
Congratulations you have now created your first geofence ready to be used in your rules
Please let us know if you found this useful
Thank you for reading :)