Mobile Guardian uses profiles, set up in the Settings section, to manage the following:
- Where are devices monitored, i.e. at what location? - Locations are called zones. Multiple locations can be set up in a group called a geofence. Zones are created in the Zones section and linked to devices in the Settings section.
- When are devices monitored, e.g. during school hours? - Create schedules in the Settings > Time & Date Settings section and then assign them to devices in the Settings section.
- Which devices are being monitored, e.g. home owned devices? - Link devices in the Home section and then assign them to profiles in the Settings section. You can assign devices as home owned, school owned or both, assign them based on tags (e.g. Temp). Tags can be mass assigned in the Settings section.
What is being monitored, e.g. safe content, privacy, applications, etc.? - Configure what is monitored in the Settings section. This is also where you configure other device-related elements like Applications.
Parent role functions
- Home (Device details)
- Settings (Profile setting, with Safe Content, Privacy, Passcode, Applications options)
- Zones (Locations / Geofences for Profiles)
- Time & Date Settings (for Profiles)