Teacher permissions groups are designed to provide schools the ability to give Teachers permissions in order to manage their classes.
About Permissions Groups:
- Permission groups are controlled at the district level.
- The only functionality available at the school level is the assigning of teachers and groups.
- Any school linked to the District later will be allocated the same default permission groups and permissions seeded to them on creation.
- A user may only belong to one permission group for their role per school.
- Admins would be able to create separate permission groups for Teachers
- Admins would be able to add Teachers to different Permission Groups
Assigning Teachers to groups
Teachers must be assigned to groups at the individual schools and not at the district. The district is only responsible for the management of the groups and the related permissions.
A teacher may be invited from either the district or the school portal. When the teacher is created, the teacher will be assigned to the default teacher group. The administrator may move the teacher accordingly.
The default Teacher permission is set as Full Control and is displayed below
Modules - Provides permissions for the teacher to perform general tasks, such as web filter actions, and basic management of student information
In Class Action - Provides permissions for the teacher to action tasks during class
App Management - Provides the teacher the ability to block applications during class
General - Provides the teacher with general management during classes most notably the ability to configure force join settings and sync Google Classes.
Please note that removing module access will remove any configuration for that module by the teacher.
Enable Web Filtering Module
- “Ability to action, Block All traffic” - Provides the ability for the teacher to block all traffic during their class. (Requires Web Filtering Module)
- “Enable Access Request Module” - Provide the teacher the ability to grant access to blocked sites
Enable Web Filter Data Module
- Ability to action items on Web Filter Report - Allows the teacher to perform actions on the web filter report such as Allow a blocked site.
- Ability to export Web Filter Report - Allows the teacher to export the Web Filter Report.
Enable Student Module
- Ability to edit Student profile (Non-G-suite) - Allows the teacher to edit non-G Suite enrolled student information and details.
- Ability to export student information - Allows the teacher to export a report of the students linked to their class
- Can view student location data - With this option the teacher is allowed to view the location of the device during the class.
In Class Actions
Which device actions a teacher may control.
Ability to direct Message students (All OS)
Ability to Mirror devices (iOS only)
Ability to Share Student Screen (Android and Chromebook)
Ability to Share Teacher's Screen (Chromebook Only)
Application control settings.
Ability to block applications - Allows the Teacher to either block All Applications or selected applications during their class
Configuration settings are available to the teacher.
Ability to configure Bluetooth settings (iOS Only)- Allows the teacher to enable and disable the Bluetooth function on the student device.
Ability to configure Youtube settings (Requires Web Filtering Module) - Allows the teacher the function to restrict youtube channels, categories and links.
Ability to configure Force Join settings. - Provides the teacher the ability to select whether the linked students/devices join automatically or if they are prompted to join.
Ability to sync Google Classes - Allows teachers to sync their Google classes
Please let us know if you found this helpful!
Thanks for reading :)