Thank you for choosing Mobile Guardian as your MDM solution. This guide will give you the information you need to get you up and running with your new dashboard and will take you through the 3 main pillars of the solution; onboarding devices, creating restriction profiles, and managing your apps. While you are free to find your own way about the dashboard, we believe these initial steps are the best practice for getting you up and running, and ensuring your devices are secured. We will now give you a brief introduction to Mobile Guardian.
Mobile Guardian helps schools, teachers and parents manage all their mobile devices with a single, easy-to-use platform. It enables them to create and monitor a safe and secure digital environment for their children whenever they are learning or playing online.
Mobile Guardian has built a world-class, cutting-edge MDM ecosystem comprising three main solutions.
- The School Product
- The Teacher Product
- The Parent Product
All three work seamlessly together across multiple operating systems (iOS, macOS, Android, and Chromebook) to give complete control and visibility over all mobile devices enrolled in the platform. Whatever your school's MDM needs and whatever stage of MDM maturity your school is at currently, Mobile Guardian has focussed on creating an easy-to-use platform without losing deep product functionality giving you a best-of-breed solution.
Enabling school IT administrators to easily manage all their school's mobile devices, whether the school wants to implement a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) strategy, wants to roll out a school-owned 1-2-1 strategy, or anything in between, Mobile Guardian has enough flexibility to cater for multiple scenarios making them the MDM partner of choice.
- Enroll devices using URL links, QR codes, DEP Sync, Apple configurator, and Google for Education.
- Push applications and updates over the air to all devices (including Apple APP Sync).
- Create easy-to-manage restriction Profiles which seamlessly switch from one to the next based on time and place settings.
- Filter out inappropriate and unwanted apps, content, YouTube videos, and channels, block camera usage, restrict social media, whitelist and blacklist desired websites, enforce keyword barriers, and much, much more.
- Find out where your devices are, enable Lost Mode and remote device wiping for additional security in the event of an emergency, abuse, or theft.
- Set up notifications and alerts to help schools identify and resolve any issues, or just to keep informed as to how the devices are being used.
Mobile Guardian Assists the transition to the digital classroom no matter what your level of technical ability, the Teacher Product helps the teacher manage and elevate the classroom experience for students. Provide a focused and fun learning environment for all involved so that the school can make the best, most effective, use of their mobile devices.
- Manage content in the classroom
- Block distractions and disable camera usage.
- Set up a class session.
- Push apps and content during a classroom session.
- Mirror a student's device to Airplay and use the “eyes-up” feature allows the teacher to get the student's attention whenever they choose to.
- Interact with the students via a group of individual device messaging
For more information on Teacher Permissions Defined:
Extending online security into the child’s home is possible with the parent product.
- Set up restrictions and be comfortable knowing that their child is protected while outside of the school premises or school times.
- Act in an emergency when the child’s device is lost or stolen.
- Set up notifications and alerts for when the child arrives/leaves a location or when the child tries to access restricted materials.
- Set up complementary times and places for when the child is outside of school.
- Be a knowledgeable, proactive parent.
For more information on Parent Permissions Defined:
Please let us know if you found this helpful!
Thanks for reading :)