YouTube can be accessed in 2 ways via a mobile device. Firstly via the YouTube website, and also by the YouTube application (which comes pre-installed on many devices).
A. Blocking YouTube access via the web browser
- On the Parent, the dashboard navigates to the child.
- Click on the settings button seen below:
- Click on Create rule.
- Type in a rule name and select the child.
- Select when the rule should be applied.
- Create a schedule if required and click on Create.
- Once the rule has been created, click on the settings icon and click on Settings.
- Click on Safe content.
- Enable the Web Filter by clicking on the Enable filter button, type in the URL www.youtube.com in the blacklist window, and click Add.
For a guide on setting up the Youtube Filter please click here
2. Blocking the YouTube application on Android devices
- On the Parent, dashboard click on the settings icon.
- Click on Applications.
- In the search, window type Youtube and click on the magnifying glass.
- Once the results come up, click on the button next to the device to enable the application block as seen below:
- A pop-up will appear to sync devices, click on Sync Devices.
- The application will now be blocked and the child will not be able to access Youtube from the device.