This feature is set up on your G-Suite account as a Super Administrator if you like a student/user not to sign into a device using their personal Gmail accounts as they will disable the functions and features of the Mobile Guardian extension when signing into the Chromebook with the personal Gmail account. In the G-Suite admin panel, you have the ability to restrict this from happening and only allow the user/student to sign in to the Chromebook with a G-Suite account that is part of the School domain and block users from signing into the device with any other account.
Please follow the steps below if you would like to apply this restriction setting to your G-Suite account:
- Once logged into the Admin G Suite account, Kindly go to “Devices”
- Once on the Device page, Click on “Chrome devices”
- Once you clicked on the Chrome devices, in the top left corner of the screen click on the drop-down menu arrow
- In the drop-down menu Click on “Settings”.
- Once the settings are clicked, Click on the “Device Settings” tab
- Once you clicked on the Devices settings tab and you are on the devices settings page, scroll down and go to the “Sign-in settings” subheading.
- Under the Sign-in settings page, you have the ability to disable “Guest mode” as well as apply the “Sign-in Restrictions “ to only allow users to sign in from the domain Example: If you add *@mobileguardian.com you will allow to sign in with an account in that to the domain.
- Once you enter the necessary details for the domain sign-in, Click on “Save” in the top right corner of the page
Please let us know if you found this helpful!
Thanks for reading :)