The Teacher’s Web Filter report will allow teachers to pull a browsing history report for each student attending any of their classes. The report will contain a list of websites that the student visited during the duration of the class while using the Mobile Guardian Web browser (Exception: Chromebook which uses Chrome browser to provide this activity information).
What will you learn?
- Options available on the web filter report
- How to filter the web report
- How to export your classroom web filter report
Web Filter Report
A web filter report is a history of all web browsing on a device with a line-by-line record of information including the last accessed, URL, Class, and web filter categories to name a few.
The Web filter Reports contains information pertaining to students and devices, including the following:
- Last Accessed date - The date with which the device last accessed the Activity.
- Count - Count of the times the devices have accessed this URL
- Activity - URL visited or Domain accessed
- Profile - Profile that was active at the time of the entry
- Class - The name of the class
- Student - The name of the student
- Device - The Device of the Student
- Status of the URL - allowed or blocked depending on the active profile settings
Please Note: To see the history of a particular class, make sure to select that class in the filter option.
You can extract this information from the dashboard using two methods:
- You can pull the default Last Access 24 hours ago report.
- Use the advanced filter to create a custom report.
To pull this report as a teacher kindly follow these steps below:
I. Accessing the Web Filter Reports
Once logged into your Mobile Guardian Teacher’s Dashboard, On the left-hand panel click on “Web Filter Reports”.
II. Basic Web Filter Report
Once you have been directed to the “Web filter Report page” you will have a browsing history of those students that attended your class and during the duration of the class used the Mobile Guardian web browser to browse the different websites.
The report will give you a list of websites that the students access.
III. Advanced Web Filter report
If you would like to use the Advanced filter for a custom report to filter last accessed or a particular class click on the “Filter” in the top right corner.
Once you have clicked on Filter you will have a drop-down window with a list of options :
- Last Accessed - By default a report will be set to the Last 24 hours, this can be altered by selecting the filter button. Click on Last Accessed and either select a predetermined range or select a custom range. When you select a custom range, you will need to use the calendar widget to select the start and end date. Please note: Make sure you click apply.
- Devices - This is where you may select certain devices or search for a specific device by typing in its name
- Classes - You may filter the web filter history by a class to see what was accessed during a specific class only.
- Status - You can filter between all, allowed and blocked URLs and domains.
- Type - You can filter by all, Matched Categories, Matched keywords and search
If you made your selection of the details you would like to be filtered and would like to save the filtered selection click on “Save As” and give your filtered selection a name, if you simply want to view the configured selection click “Apply”.
If you have a filter saved and would like to use this filter, it will be under Saved filters.
IV. Extracting a report to a document format
If you would like to export your filtered report to a PDF, CSV, WORD or Excel document, click on “Export as” in the top right-hand corner of the window and then select your type of document format, once you click your preferred document format it will download automatically to your downloads folder.
Actioning Report items
The Web filter report has included the ability to action any entries in the list. These actions allow you to Whitelist or blacklist any URLs, Categories, and Wildcards from the directly from the Web filter reports. Navigate to this Guide to learn how to use these actions.
You have successfully exported and learnt about the classroom web filter report.
Please let us know if you found this article helpful
Thanks for reading :)
Article is closed for comments.