In order to use the Mobile Guardian Un-Authenticated User ( Anonymous User Authentication ) method of enrollment please follow the steps below:
On the dashboard please navigate to Settings > Android Settings > select Mobile Guardian Managed Account Enrollment. (Please note not Gsuite)
Follow the on-screen steps and click "Enroll"
You will be redirected to the "Bring Android to work" page.
Ensure you sign in with a "Gmail", not a "Gsuite" account and click on "Get started" in order to proceed.
Enter the required information eg. Business name (required), and Contact details for Data Protection Officer and EU Representative (optional) Agree and confirm.
You should now have you EMM enrolment config setup on your Mobile Guardian Dashboard as in the image below:
Please set the following:
DEFAULT APPLICATION RUNTIME PERMISSION
SYSTEM UPDATE POLICY
ACTIVE DIRECTORY INTEGRATION
Now click Save...
Once the above steps have been completed on your Mobile Guardian dashboard you may now proceed to enroll your Android device.
In order to fully manage your devices, we advise that you perform a factory reset on your Android device. This is highly recommended, as it will provide the highest level of control over your devices.
Enforce Cosu Mode
With this feature, you would be able to enforce a Fully Managed Enrolled device or un-authenticated enrolled devices into COSU Mode.
CSU mode is a kiosk mode for Android devices which would lock the device to display only the Mobile Guardian on the device. The user would only be able to access third-party applications that are added to the Mobile Guardian Launcher or in the My Catalogue section on the device.
1. Power up your Android device and on the Google sign-in page instead of signing in the Gsuite account please enter the following code: afw#addmg and sign in.
2. This afw code triggers the Mobile Guardian app setup.
3. Click the INSTALL button. Please follow the on-screen instructions until you get to the Setup Management screen.
4. On the Setup Management screen, you are required to select a profile management mode. Select Set up Managed Device, then click SET UP button at the bottom right side of the screen. This initiates the Managed device setup process.
5. On the Terms of Service screen, please View terms by clicking on the View terms link then when done, click on the ACCEPT & CONTINUE button to indicate you have accepted our terms.
6. You will be redirected to your Mobile Guardian account linking page after device set up is completed. The screen is as illustrated below.
Please Note: Ensure you have already set up a G Suite enterprise for your mobile guardian account. To review guidelines to set up an enterprise account please click here.
7. On the Mobile Guardian school dashboard, navigate to Devices > Add New School Device.
Please ensure you select the "Android" option tab (not iOS or any other OS platform)
Scan the QR code on screen or just enter the registration code from your Mobile Guardian dashboard.
When the registration code has been populated, click on the ACTIVATE button. If activation is successful, you will be redirected to the Finish Setup screen.
8. On the Finish Set Up screen, click on the FINISH button at the bottom right corner of the screen to conclude the setup.
At the end of these steps, the Mobile Guardian application will prompt the user for their Active Directory sign-in credentials in order to create the managed Google user and complete the linking of the device.
Any username and password will be accepted when enrolling and linking students. Use the format email@example.com when linking (if either name has spaces, please use a period character).
9. Once you are successful with the set-up, you will be redirected to a screen where you will be required to grant usage access to the Mobile Guardian app. Click the Enable Usage Access button.
10. Navigate to your device application settings > Usage Access screen and ensure you turn on access for Mobile Guardian app as illustrated below.
You should now be successfully signed into the Mobile Guardian application.
Article is closed for comments.