Please note: It is advised that this option should only be used for home owned devices (BYOD) which cannot be factory reset.
In this scenario, Mobile Guardian will only have control over the Work profile of the device, while the user will still be able to use the Personal profile on the device without restriction.
1. Download the application from the Play Store and launch the application.
2. Scan the QR code which resides on the Mobile Guardian dashboard.
Please Note: If the device does not have a camera you can rather enter the registration code.
3. Once registered, you will be directed to a screen where you are required to Enable Device Admin and Enable Usage Access.
4. Be sure to click the Enable Device Admin button. Please read through all the functions the admin can perform. Then scroll down to see the options (as illustrated below). If you agree with all the functions, click Activate this device administrator link.
5. You will then be redirected back to the previous screen. This time click the Enable Usage Access button. Follow the instructions the screen and ensure Mobile Guardian app is given access.
6. Once you have completed permitting access to Mobile Guardian, please navigate back to the device home screen and re-launch the Mobile Guardian Application.
7. Click the Start Android for Work button. You will receive the following message, “You will be automatically signed out and will start with MDM(Mobile device management) process”. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and hit the NEXT link.
8. On the next screen, choose "setup managed profile" when prompted in the setup assistant and then hit the SETUP link at the bottom of the screen
10. From the Managed profile setup screen, view and read terms and then click the ACCEPT & CONTINUE button.
11. Once the setup is done running, you can Skip the process of adding an account from the next screen (see below).
12. On the next screen, Click the NEXT link and then the FINISH link.
Go to your phone app launcher and launch the Mobile Guardian application (The app should have a red badge on the lower right corner of the icon).
13. On the launched screen please click the Enable Usage Right Access button and ensure you give access to the Mobile Guardian Work Profile application.
The process is now complete!
Managed Google Play Account
This process follows a similar process to Setting up via your Google Account, the difference resides after Step 2, the Mobile Guardian application may prompt you for their Active Directory sign-in credentials in order to create the managed Google user and complete the linking of the device.
Continue following the rest of the steps.