In this article we will guide you through the process of how to link a parent to a student device from the school dashboard.
This is a useful tool to allow parents the ability to manage their child's device outside of school hours.
1) On the school dashboard go to "Devices" to ensure the device you are wanting to link is on the dashboard (Chromebook )
2) Next go to "Students" and find the student you wish to link and check that the student has the above-mentioned device assigned to them.
3) Once the above has been confirmed go to " Settings > Users " and click on "Invite User" in the top right hand corner.
4) You will be presented with a box to complete the parent details:
- First Name > Parents Name
- Last Name > Parents Last Name
- Parent Email > Parent Email Address
- Role > Select Parent
- Parent Devices > Enter the student name + student device
- Click Add
- Student And Device should appear at the bottom
- The final step is to click "Invite"
5) You have successfully linked a parent to a student device.
6) The parent will receive an invitation via email to complete the registration and will now have access to the parent dashboard with the student device enrolled which will allow the parent the ability to manage the child's device.
For more info on the parent dashboard please see the link below:
Article is closed for comments.