To fully manage your devices, we advise that you will need to perform a factory reset. This is highly recommended, as it will provide the highest level of control over your devices.
G Suite Account
1. Power up your Android device and sign in with the authorized GSuite account on the google sign-in page.
2. Accept the google terms of service and click on the I AGREE button to continue. If the account is authorised, it triggers the GSuite Mobile Guardian setup.
3. Click the INSTALL button. Please follow the on-screen instructions until you get to the Setup Management screen.
4. On the Setup Management screen, you are required to select a profile management mode. Select Set up Managed Device, then click SET UP button at the bottom right side of the screen. This initiates the Managed device setup process.
5. On the Terms of Service screen, please View terms by clicking on the View terms link then when done, click on the ACCEPT & CONTINUE button to indicate you have accepted our terms.
6. You will be redirected to your Mobile Guardian account linking page after device set up is completed. The screen is as illustrated below.
Please Note: Ensure you have already set up a G Suite enterprise for your mobile guardian account. To review guidelines to set up an enterprise account please click here.
7. On the Mobile Guardian school dashboard, navigate to Devices > Add New School Device.
Scan the QR code on screen or just enter the registration code from your Mobile Guardian dashboard.
When the registration code has been populated, click on the ACTIVATE button. If activation is successful, you will be redirected to the Finish Setup screen.
8. On the Finish Set Up screen, click on the FINISH button at the bottom right corner of the screen to conclude the setup.
9. Once you are successful with the set-up, you will be redirected to a screen where you will be required to grant usage access to the Mobile Guardian app. Click the Enable Usage Access button.
10. Navigate to your device application settings > Usage Access screen and ensure you turn on access for Mobile Guardian app as illustrated below.
11. Tap the Back arrow button at the top left corner of the screen to return to the Mobile Guardian App. If the Mobile Guardian App isn’t launched already, please launcher and launch the Mobile Guardian App.
Managed Google Play Account
This process follows a similar process to Setting up via your Google Account, the difference resides in Step 1, instead of signing in please enter the code: afw#addmg on the sign in page.
Continue following the rest of the steps.
At the end of these steps, the Mobile Guardian application will prompt the user for their Active Directory sign-in credentials in order to create the managed Google user and complete the linking of the device.
Please key in your Active directory credentials and click the Sign in button.
When you have successfully signed in, you will be redirected to grant usage access to Mobile Guardian app.
You can continue the rest of the steps from Point 9 in the process for Google Account.