Enrolling fully managed devices
The device will have to be factory reset in order to fully manage the device, but will provide the highest level of control over your devices.
- Power up your Android device and sign in with the authorised GSuite account on the google sign in page.
- Accept the google terms of service and click on the I AGREE button to continue. If the account is authorised, it triggers the GSuite Mobile Guardian setup.
- Click the INSTALL button. Follow on screen instructions till you get to setup management screen.
- From the Setup Management screen, you are required to select a profile management mode. Select Set up Managed device then click SET UP button at the bottom right side of screen. This initiates the Managed device setup process.
- On the Terms of Service screen, please View terms by clicking on the View terms link then when done, click on the ACCEPT & CONTINUE button to indicate you have accepted our terms.
- Wait while your work device setup runs.
- If all goes well with set-up, you will be required to grant usage access to the Mobile Guardian app.
- Permit Usage access.
- The Device admin requirements lists the operations the app can perform. From the Device admin requirements pop up screen, you must select OK at the bottom right corner of the pop up screen to continue.This will take you to the device registration screen.
- Scan the QR code or just enter the registration code from your Mobile Guardian dashboard.
- When the registration code have been populated, click on ACTIVATE button. If activation is successful, you will be redirected to the Finish Setup screen.
- On the Finish Set Up screen, click on the FINISH button at the bottom right corner of the screen to conclude the setup.
- The device will now retrieve its settings based on the profiles you have configured on the Mobile Guardian dashboard.
Managed Google Play Account
This is similar to the process for a Google Account, but instead of signing in step 1, enter the code: afw#mg on the sign in page. Continue following the rest of the steps.
At the end of these steps, the Mobile Guardian application will prompt the user for their Active Directory sign in credentials in order to create the managed Google user and complete the linking of the device.
Enrolling managed profile devices
This option should be used for student owned devices which can not be factory reset. In this scenario, Mobile Guardian will only have control over the "work" side of the device, while the user will still be able to use the "personal" side of the device without restriction.
- Download the application from the Play Store and launch the application.
- Scan the QR code on the right. If the device does not have a camera you can rather enter the registration code.
- Once registered, select the "Enroll EMM" option from the side navigation of the Mobile Guardian application on the device.
- Sign in with the authorised GSuite account on the google sign in page.
- Choose "setup managed profile" when prompted in the setup assistant.
- From the Managed profile setup screen(see Fig 16a), view and read terms and then click the ACCEPT & CONTINUE button.
- Once the setup is done running, you will be redirected to the Google Services list. Read through and then select MORE button to read the rest of the services. You then need to click AGREE button at the bottom left of screen to continue. Lastly click on ALL SET button to finalise setup.
Managed Google Play Account
This is similar to the process for a Google Account, but instead of signing in step 4, enter the code: afw#mg on the sign in page. Continue following the rest of the steps.
At the end of these steps, the Mobile Guardian application may prompt the user for their Active Directory sign in credentials in order to create the managed Google user and complete the linking of the device.