To renew your APNS Certificate:
(this process is very similar to creating a new certificate but with some small changes – our walkthrough for creating new certificates can be used as a reference but please note the changes in the following instructions. The critical difference is that the existing certificate must be renewed, and re-uploaded into the Dashboard. If a new certificate is created then you will need to re-enrol all your devices again)
Please be sure to follow these instructions carefully, as mistakes can cause the original certificate to be lost, requiring manual re-enrolment of every managed device. Prior to the start of this process, we strongly recommended downloading the existing certificate from identity.apple.com as a backup in case anything goes wrong.
On your Mobile Guardian Dashboard, go to Settings, iOS MDM Settings
- From the Apple MDM Push Notifications Certificate section, download your Certificate Signing Request (.CSR) from the box on the right-hand side and save to a convenient location
- Go to Apple Push Certificates Portal by selecting the link on the school under step 2 and sign in with you Apple ID used to create the APNS certificate originally
- Find your certificate which is nearing the expiry date and click Renew
- In the section that says Vendor Signed Certificate Signing Request, click choose file and select the .csr you downloaded earlier and click upload.
- The next page confirms that the certificate was renewed successfully, click download to get your new token.
- Back on the Mobile Guardian dashboard, iOS MDM settings page, click Update/Renew Certificate under the APNS section.
- Enter your Apple ID and select the newly downloaded token.
- Click update certificate to upload and renew.
- You can test this has completed successfully by clicking Test Certificate.