To update your DEP certificate:
Log on to Mobile Guardian dashboard
- Under settings, choose iOS MDM settings
- Scroll down to the Apple Device Enrolment Program section and see blue Getting Started box
- Download the Mobile_Guardian_Apple_DEP_cert.pem public key file to a convenient location
- Log in to the DEP Portal at http://deploy.apple.com.
- Locate your expiring certificate used with Mobile Guardian
- Click "Replace Key"
- Click Choose File, and then upload the new public key (.pem) you downloaded from your Mobile Guardian dashboard
- Click "Generate New Token" to download a new server token file (.p7m).
- Back on your Mobile Guardian Dashboard: Settings > iOS MDM Settings > DEP section
- Click Update/renew token, chose the new server token (.p7m) you downloaded from Apple
- You should see a new expiration date for your DEP Token and you're set for another year.
To renew your VPP certificate:
Log into vpp.itunes.apple.com with the AppleID that you used to create the certificates with originally.
- You should then click on the grey drop down menu on the right with your account name on it and select Account Summary.
- Under the ‘Managed Distribution’ section, click download token and save to a convenient location.
- Log into your school Mobile Guardian dashboard.
- Under Settings, go to iOS MDM Settings
- In the Apple VPP Application Distribution section you will notice your current certificate – click on the edit button (the pencil).
- Ensure the information in the pop up window is correct and then click Upload Token and select the token you have just downloaded.
- Click update certificate and this will save your information renewing your VPP certificate for another 365 days.
To renew your APNS Certificate:
(this process is very similar to creating a new certificate but with some small changes – our walkthrough for creating new certificates can be used as a reference but please note the changes in the following instructions. The critical difference is that the existing certificate must be renewed, and re-uploaded into the Dashboard. If a new certificate is created then you will need to re-enrol all your devices again)
Please be sure to follow these instructions carefully, as mistakes can cause the original certificate to be lost, requiring manual re-enrolment of every managed device. Prior to the start of this process, we strongly recommended to download the existing certificate from identity.apple.com as a backup incase anything goes wrong.
- On your Mobile Guardian Dashboard, go to Settings, iOS MDM Settings
- From the Apple MDM Push Notifications Certificate section, download your Certificate Signing Request (.CSR) from the box on the right hand side and save to a convenient location
- Go to Apple Push Certificates Portal and sign in with you Apple ID used to create the APNS certificate originally
- Find your certificate which is nearing the expiry date and click Renew
- In the section that says Vendor Signed Certificate Signing Request, click choose file and select the .csr you downloaded earlier and click upload.
- The next page confirms that the certificate was renewed successfully, click download to get your new token.
- Back on the Mobile Guardian dashboard, iOS MDM settings page, click Update/Renew Certificate under the APNS section.
- Enter your Apple ID and the select the newly downloaded token.
- Click update certificate to upload and renew.
- You can test this has completed successfully by clicking Test Certificate.