YouTube can be accessed in 2 ways via a mobile device. Firstly via the YouTube website, and also by the YouTube application (which comes pre-installed on many devices).
1. Blocking YouTube access via the web browser
Go to the web security settings page on the Mobile Guardian dashboard. Enter www.youtube.com into the blacklist websites section.
2. Blocking the YouTube application on Android devices
If you have used the timetable to set when your child can use their smartphone or tablet, YouTube will only be able to be used in those time periods. However, if you want to block YouTube access at all times, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the application security settings on your Mobile Guardian dashboard. This will show you a list of all the applications installed on your child’s mobile device.
- Scroll down to YouTube in the list. Here you can choose to block YouTube from being accessed at any time.
- Alternatively, if you want to limit when YouTube is used via the timetable, select “scheduled”.
Get Started with Mobile Guardian by clicking here!