Mobile Guardian uses rules to manage the following on the Parent account
- Where child’s devices are monitored, i.e. at what location? – Create locations in the Zones section and then assign them to profiles.
- When is the child’s device monitored, e.g. during school hours? – Create schedules in the Time & Date Settings section and then assign them to profiles.
- Which devices are being monitored, e.g. home owned devices? – Assign devices to rules in the Settings section.
- What is being monitored, e.g. safe content? – Configure what is monitored in the Settings section.
Please see the steps to follow on how to set up and configure a Parent rule using all the above options available:
Creating a Rule
I. Go to the Settings section on the child that you would like to add this rule too :
II. In the drop-down menu select “Create a Rule“
III. A pop window will appear, Enter a Name (mandatory) and select the child that you would like the Rule to apply to, In the example below we have Test1 and Test2.
When you select the child the block will be highlighted in blue
You have two options for “Where and When should this rule be applied”
- Option 1 - When activated manually - This is for the Parent to apply the rule whenever needed.
Option 2 - When a device is at a place or at a specific time - This rule has specific
- At Home
You will also be able to “Add a new Place” and “Add a schedule”.
IV. When you Select a “Add New place” a pop window will appear “Add New Geofence”.
You will need to enter a “Zone Name”(mandatory) For example Home, School, soccer practice, Etc.
You have the option of enabling “Notify of arrival” and “Notify on departure” when the device is leaving and coming into this zone
V. Once you have completed you can click on “Add new”, under Zones.
VI. Once you have selected “Add New”, you will have a drop-down list, select coordinates.
VII. You will be able to select a Geo fence via map, once the Geofence has been selected Click on "add" in the bottom right corner
VIII. Once the zone has been added you can click create zone
IX. The zone will be added to your list, once the zone has been added you click on “Add new Schedule”
X. A schedule window will pop up whereby you can add the name of the schedule, Duration, and Weekly Configuration. Once you filled your chosen Schedule times you can click on "Add" in the bottom right corner.
XI. Once you have added the schedule, you will be redirected to the rule page, and you can just click place and schedule and then click create.
Well Done! The rule has now been setup.
Please let us know if you found this helpful.
Thanks for reading :)