Apple's Device Enrollment Program (DEP) can help you simplify the initial setup and deployment of your devices in Mobile Guardian.
Please follow the steps below:
On the Mobile Guardian dashboard, navigate to Settings > iOS MDM Settings.
In the APPLE DEVICE ENROLLMENT PROGRAM (DEP) section, click on the Apple Deployment Programs link, leaving the Mobile Guardian dashboard open.
Enter login details for the Apple Deployment Programs page and click Sign In. If your school has already been converted to Apple School Manager please go to https://school.apple.com and sign in through there and select MDM from the left hand menu. The rest of these instructions use images from the legacy https://deploy.apple.com service but the same principles apply.
Enter the verification code which is sent via text message when logging in and click Continue.
Click on the Add MDM Server link.
Specify the MDM Server Name, e.g. Test, and click Next. You can also tick Automatically Assign New Devices to ensure any devices purchased via an authorised reseller linked to your Device Enrollment Program will automatically populate this MDM group. Please see steps 17 and 18 for adding authorised resellers and how to move existing devices
The Mobile Guardian Public Key is required:
On the Mobile Guardian dashboard, navigate to the iOS MDM Settings, and in the APPLE DEVICE ENROLLMENT PROGRAM (DEP) section, click on the Mobile_Guardian_Apple_DEP_cert.pem link.
On the Apple website, click on the Choose File… link, select the certificate file and click Next.
To download the server token, click on the Your Server Token link.
Click Upload server token, and select the certificate to upload it.
DEP details are added for the school as shown below:
- If you make a change to any of your settings, such as changing the skip screen or turning off/on Allow Pairing, you must click on Update Settings.
- To ensure that new devices are automatically added to the correct MDM group within DEP, please make sure that the authorised Apple Reseller is added to your DEP.
To do this you will need to provide your supplier with your DEP Customer ID. To find this go to your Organisational Details via the drop down menu in the top right of the screen and choose Organisation Details.
You will find your DEP Customer ID on the left hand side of the next window.
Your supplier should now send your their Supplier/Reseller ID. You add this by clicking the link marked Add Reseller / Supplier and enter the details.
- If you already have DEP devices on your Device Enrollment Program (e.g. for a previous MDM) then you can move these into the correct MDM group for Mobile Guardian.
Click on Manage Devices in the left hand menu.
Make sure you have a list of serial numbers for the devices you want to move / enroll. These can be in a CSV or as a comma-separated list, or as an order number (if purchased directly from Apple).
Add the serial numbers into the box. Drop down the action list and choose Assign to server. Drop down the list of MDM servers until you get to the one that you created in task 6, then click OK.
- Once this has been done, or additional devices have been purchased and added via your reseller/supplier, then please ensure you click on Resync Devices.
- Once this has been done you will see additional devices in your device list, but they are greyed out and you cannot view further details. Once the devices are activated and enrolled you will be able to see full details of the device.